A Letter from the President
Dear Friends and Prospective Members:
Greetings to you from the Jamaican American Connection (JAC) of Greater New Haven, Inc.! JAC was founded during the year 2010 to meet the needs of Jamaican Americans living in New Haven and the surrounding communities. One of JAC’s primary goals and focus is to promote knowledge, understanding and respect for racial, ethnic and cultural diversity. We also endeavor to provide opportunities for accepting and conveying scholarships, gifts of charity and donations to the local community, Jamaica, and other international locales. We invite you to join us in support of the furtherance of these goals.
We extend a cordial invitation to you to join our membership and help us to realize JAC’s mission and objectives. We are a dedicated group of West Indians committed to lending our strengths to collectively enhance the organization and the surrounding community. Membership requirements are as follows:
- All residents of the Greater New Haven Region in the state of Connecticut who subscribe to the mission, goals, objectives and bylaws of the organization shall be eligible for JAC membership.
- The membership of JAC shall be open to all individuals, irrespective of race, color, religion, sex, political affiliation, marital status, disability, or other aspect considered discriminatory by the State and Federal laws who subscribe to the mission, and objectives of the organization, and abide by the provisions of the articles of incorporation and bylaws.
- Only members of Good Standing (Article V, Sect 1.5) shall have the right to vote or seek nomination for election and hold offices.
- Annual membership dues of $100.00 for the calendar year, due by January 31st, or payable at time of subscription.
JAC Membership has its privileges. All members in good standing will receive:
- 10% discount on all fundraising events
- Fellowship opportunities such as Christmas Party, Father's Day Brunch and Thanksgiving Party
- Field Trips to events that we support
- Satisfaction in knowing your contribution goes to offset the costs associated with giving back to deserving charities and scholars
We look forward to your commitment to JAC. If you have any questions or would like to discuss our initiatives in greater detail, please feel free to call 203-903.1183.